Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: This question for Terry needs its own thread.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    The big burning question rolleyes on this board has to be asked once more....mainly.....What comic was parodied in the Freddie Goes To School scene in #39? It looked to me alot like an Archie comic, but who's Paige, the object of the other respect, apologies and love on the opening page? How's she connected to that scene? I thought you may not've seen the review thread that posed this question, letting that thread belong to the readers to analyze the ish for ourselves. smile confused smile

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Terry Moore's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 6th, 1999
    Posts
    111
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Paige Braddock is one of my dearest friends, a cartoonist with an adorable srtip called JANE. Check her out at www.pb9.com I won't tell you anymore about her, her work speaks for itself.

    The high school scene was me in my natural style!!!!!!!!!! That is what I draw like naturally. The normal SIP style is very laborious for me and time consuming. When I first began SIP I wanted to do my natural style, but was afraid it wouldn't be good enough in the illustrative competitive world of good comics. If I had gone with that style, I would be able to make a SIP monthly, but the art style I chose takes me longer. SO, now you know! I have about 4 or 5 distinctive art styles I can do, some naturally, some with effort (like the woman in the row boat on page one of issue 34).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mibbitmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2000
    Posts
    291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The woman in the rowboat LOOKS like a laborious style, it was rendered so beautifully. I'm glad SIP is in the style it's in, but the natural style looks cool, too. Is there any Archie influence on it? The comic I'm working on now(and is a cover letter and some nerve on my part away from being sent out someplace toward its inevitable rejection) is based on my natural style, though I work it out slightly past it. I also do more than one style. My more-realistic style(my equivalent of the Terry Moore SIP style) has heavy Mort Drucker influence, with more recent Sim/Gerhard influence as well. I like to draw my editorial cartoons in a more exagerated style, heavy influence from Don Wright('70s) and others of that era, but the facial expressions reflect my natural style more, complementing the look I'm trying to achieve. Of course, I mainly do the editorial stuff for myself, whereas my comic stuff just SEEMS to be like that, too.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member UMAW's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2000
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love Jane's World! And I happen to be wearing my 'Chicks rule in Jane's World' shirt today. (OK, so it _is_ kind of narcissistic since that's my name, too...) I kinda figured that must be the Paige in question since I remember Terry mentioning her and her comic in the letters section a few SIPs back--that's when I first checked out the website.

    --UMAW

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •